Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"Excuse Me!! I told you..."

"...that I don't need no stinkin shots!".

Friday proved to be a less than easy day for our little angel. The morning began innocently with a bottle and a little cereal, but went downhill from there.

We loaded Will up and off to the doctor's office we went for his four month check up. Our little piggy has grown to a wopping 16 lbs and is 27 inches long and "is a mightly good looking fella," according to Dr. Pitts.

We had a wonderful visit with Dr. Pitts, who reminds me of the great pediatrics you see on television with animals on his stetoscope and all. Will laugh and cooed giving us a great show.

Then the mean nurse comes in. The smiles and coos stopped. Five shoots later, he sniffles on my shoulder, and we retreat quickly to the car. Scott and I prepare for a quiet afternoon of napping, and all began as planned. Will had a quick lunch and off for a visit with the sandman. Everything was going excatly as planned until the trip to dreamland ended. Will woke up beside himself. With a fever and achy legs, he was very unhappy. He then spent the rest of the night in his swing or in my arms.




The look of his face said it all. "I told you that I didn't need no stinkin shots!!!"

No comments: